California Correctional Health Care Services (CCHCS) values and protects information privacy and places strict controls on the gathering and use of personally identifiable Information. CCHCS is committed to promoting and protecting the privacy rights of individuals, as enumerated in Article 1, section 1 of the California Constitution, the Information Practices Act of 1977, and other state and federal laws.
CCHCS policy limits the collection, use, and disclosure of personal information maintained by GovOps, and applies safeguards to ensure its protection. GovOps information management practices encompass the requirements of the Information Practices Act (Civil Code section 1798 et seq.), the Public Records Act (Government Code section 6250 et seq.), and Government Code sections 11015.5 and 11019.9. GovOps follows these privacy principles when collecting, managing, and protecting your personal information:
- Personal information is not disclosed, made available or otherwise used for purposes other than those specified in this policy, except with authorized consent of the subject of the data, or as authorized by law or regulation.
- CCHCS gathers information through lawful means. A statement that the state entity will collect personal information relevant to specific purposes which are enumerated at or prior to the time of collection, Subsequent use of the information is limited to and consistent with the purpose(s) provided at the time of collection. California law states some information submitted or accessed may become public records under the Public Records Act. Electronically collected personal information held by CCHCS is exempt from requests made under the Public Records Act (Chapter 3.5 [commencing with Section 6250] of Division 7 of Title 1).
- CCHCS has policies, procedures, controls and mitigation measures as required by law to decrease the risk to information and assets from accidental or intentional disclosure, modification or destruction.
- CCHCS uses electronic cookies to collect and temporarily store various types of information. The cookies allow the programs to operate correctly and know where to return the business transaction results. Cookies created on your computer, from using our website, do not contain personal information and do not compromise confidentiality.
- You can refuse the cookie or delete the cookie file from your computer by using any of the widely available methods. However, if you turn your cookies option off, some of our online services may not be accessible.
- CCHCS may use Google Analytics now or in the future to help understand how visitors interact with our website so that the site can be improved. You can read Google’s security and privacy policies for Google Analytics. You can choose not to have your data used by Google Analytics by downloading their opt-out browser add-on.
- CCHCS encourages all individuals to use appropriate safeguards to secure their personal computers and the information on those computers as well.
- E-mail is considered a communication tool. Information/data sent via e-mail may not be secured or encrypted. If an individual completes a survey or sends CCHCS an e-mail message, the e-mail address and the information submitted will be collected and may be provided to other State agencies to improve services. Do not send any confidential or personal data via e-mail such as a social security number, account number, credit card number, or other personal or sensitive data.
- If granted access to internal CCHCS systems and data, you are responsible for protecting the confidentiality of your user ID, password, other unique identifiers (e.g., PIN) as well as the CCHCS information/data related to that access. If you provide your user ID, password, or unique identifier to anyone else, they may be able to access your confidential information as authorized on our systems.
- As part of an electronic session, CCHCS may collect some non-confidential data, such as IP address, domain name, type of browser and operating system used, and the time and date of the site visit. CCHCS may also place and subsequently retrieve simple text files called “cookies” that identify you and your computer to our Internet/Intranet/Extranet sites. Cookies do not contain personal or confidential information about you and will only be used to monitor activity.
- CCHCS does not sell or distribute information to any third party without authorized consent or as authorized by law or regulation.
- CCHCS employees who are responsible for the collection, use, maintenance, and/or dissemination of records containing personal information must take appropriate precautions to ensure that proper administrative, technical, and physical safeguards are established and followed in order to protect the confidentiality of such information. Information security awareness training is provided to all CCHCS employees. Additionally, access to personally identifiable information is restricted to CCHCS employees who have an appropriate business need for the information. CCHCS employees shall assure that personal information is removed or redacted in appropriate circumstances where it is contained in materials otherwise subject to release.
- As a standard practice, CCHCS regularly schedules destruction of records no longer needed. When no longer required, personally identifiable information is destroyed via purging, magnetic degaussing or erasing, shredding and/or other means of authorized confidential destruction. Cookies will remain on a user’s computer until deleted by the user. The end user may refuse or delete cookies by modifying the internet security settings in their browser. However, if you turn your cookies option off, some of our online services may not be accessible.
You have the right to access any of your personal information maintained by CCHCS and to request correction of any inaccuracies in this information. Additionally, you have the right to request deletion of any of your electronically collected personal information maintained by CCHCS, without additional use or distribution. You may request deletion of your electronically collected personal information maintained by CCHCS through the following link: https://cchcs.ca.gov/privacy/personal-information/.
If you have questions or concerns regarding this Statement, please contact the CCHCS Privacy Office:
Privacy OfficeCalifornia Correctional Health Care Services
P.O. 588500, Suite C-3
Elk Grove, CA 95758-8500
Revised May 26, 2021